The Newspaper Guild was formed by columnist Heywood Broun in 1933. The Newspaper Guild web site provides a brief history and timeline. The Albany Newspaper Guild, chartered on March 20, 1934, is the labor union representing about 200 employees of the Times Union, the largest daily newspaper covering Albany, N.Y., and the surrounding Capital Region.
Every Third Thursday of the month, starting this Thursday, January 18 at 5:30 pm, relax with your Guild colleagues at Wolf’s 1-11 before you head home. Refreshments provided.
Supported in part by a generous donation from the estate of Marv Cermak.
- 2018 Health Insurance Update
- Guild Holiday Party
- November’s Executive Board Meeting Agenda
- Guild Annual Membership Meeting and Vote on Proposed Bylaw Changes
- August’s Executive Board Meeting Agenda
- What kind of contract do YOU want to see?
- July’s Executive Board Meeting Agenda
- Congratulations for All Your Hard Work
- June’s Executive Board Meeting Agenda