The Newspaper Guild was formed by columnist Heywood Broun in 1933. The Newspaper Guild web site provides a brief history and timeline. The Albany Newspaper Guild, chartered on March 20, 1934, is the labor union representing about 200 employees of the Times Union, the largest daily newspaper covering Albany, N.Y., and the surrounding Capital Region.
Friday, December 1 from 6–9 p.m. at Wolf’s 1-11 on Wolf Road
Join your fellow Guild members for drinks and hors d’oeuvres!
Guild members are invited to bring one guest.
Sign up today at albanyguild.org/holiday
- November’s Executive Board Meeting Agenda
- Guild Annual Membership Meeting and Vote on Proposed Bylaw Changes
- August’s Executive Board Meeting Agenda
- What kind of contract do YOU want to see?
- July’s Executive Board Meeting Agenda
- Congratulations for All Your Hard Work
- June’s Executive Board Meeting Agenda
- Guild Elects New Officers
- May’s Executive Board Meeting Agenda